Monday, March 26, 2012

The And1 Sabotage Mids (performance)


[Sole Spotlight – 3.26.12] – The And1 Sabotage Mids (performance)

Inks and Images: FLASH aka g_sk1lls / Hoopsvibe / Sports.Sohu

Last November, And1 Ph started out a blog section called Sole Spotlight, which literally focuses on a particular shoe model that I’ve randomly picked out.  That inaugural post featured the And1 Supreme Low, an off-court pair that generated a good share of interest from our readers (click HERE for the November 2011 post.)

This year, I’m revisiting the Sole Spotlight sub-section and will be featuring a model that was NOT released locally.  This clean but absolutely gorgeous pair is the AND1 Sabotage Mid.


I first got wind of this model last year, sometime around October.  When I downloaded some online images of it, the first thing that went into my mind was that it definitely reminded me about the previously released Battalion Mid.  That silhouette was available commercially in the mid-2000’s, likely around 2004-2008 and was an underrated footwear.  It was simple, but definitely had a street attitude. Posted below some images for reference.

I asked our local distributor about any possible commercial release for the Sabotage Mid in the Philippines last year, and sadly, it wasn’t part of the lineup that they were ordering.  Back then, I was already desperate to order a pair online, quite possibly via And1 Japan (Fukuoka).  They originally had white/white, black/black, and yellow/black colorways.  Video review from Youtube posted below (it's not in English though) :
Now just around the last week of November towards the 1st week of December 2011, AND1 USA (shoutouts to Rob Purvy and Becky Cheng) was absolutely kind enough to send me a care package with four pairs of size 9.5s, and one of those pairs was my very own Sabotage Mid in an awesome black/orange colorway.  I immediately checked this particular colorway online, and I was floored that it hasn’t been released commercially up until early February 2012 via And1 Japan.  I decided to wear it at a later time since receiving it, and only broke it out from my shoe collection this March 2012.


This model features a glossy/shiny synthetic upper, with EVA in-sole and a rubber outsole.  Counterkicks (check their article HERE) describes it as having "a classic AND1 silhouette, a synthetic upper, and a visible heel air unit. The “Player” logo graces the lateral heels of the model."

I’ve posted more images of the shoe below, and will just let the pictures speak for themselves.  The Sabotage Mid most definitely blows my mind!  Love this shoe model, and if this reaches Philippine shores, I'll get another pair in a different colorway.  Check out more of Sole Spotlight in the succeeding months, only from And1 Ph.  ONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment